This drill is a warm up the focuses on connection in the empty space. An excellent drill to start a session mentally and physically. It’s a second progression of the original drill.
Create a rectangle 16x22m as you see in the video and put your equipment as you wish. In the video you see my idea. Don’t be afraid to improvise!
The player with the ball No3 play in the empty space and the player No4 moves inside to give the ball on the other side and then he go back to his position.
No2 have to make a longer vertical pass to No5 and go there after he executes skipping and jumping on the two stations we added (of course on the stations you can add what you want)
After No4 receives the ball he start dribbling in fast way until the mannequin then he makes a fade and scores!
In this variation you connect the two groups you may have by asking your last player, the one who scores in the end to switch group. In this way you increase speed, awareness, communication and teamwork.
You can view the original drill by clicking the links.
- Quality of the pass is key for this exercise.
- Players need to be alert and have good communication cause it may look easy on video, its not.
- Use both feet when passing and dribbling.
- As the time passes ask the players for more intensity and stronger passes.
- Players need to be focus now and alert for what is going on in the other group so starting point never run out of players.
Connect the 2nd group of players that you may have (click here for video).
If the level of your players is high add defender in the empty space.
PRO TIPDo not remove the small goal because players love to score!
Do not add many players because then the two group will not have any meaning.